Zeepay Ghana has emerged as the Startup of the Year 2017 at the just ended 2017 Premium Bank Ghana Startup Awards in Accra.
Also grabbing a top most award was Claudia Lumor who was adjudged the Startup Entrepreneur of the Year with My Home Teacher picking 2 awards in the Education and Student Startup of the Year categories.
CEO of The African Network of Entrepreneurs (TANOE) and organisers of the awards, Ekow Mensah said the awards is a giant step in the right direction in giving startups the needed exposure, public recognition and support in their pursuit of building big businesses.
He further expressed his excitement about the partnership between Premium Bank and TANOE in supporting awardees through The HelpStation initiative.
The event, which was graced by the Managing Director of Premium Bank, Kwasi Tumi also had representatives from the Ghana Investment Promotion Council, Registrar Generals Department, Youth Enterprise Support, KPMG, members of the awards Jury and other dignitaries.
The event had an unprecedented participation of over 700 entrepreneurs, ecosystem players and stakeholders from across Ghana.
The Ceremony was also used to outdoor the 2017 members of the Ghana Startup Club 100, a prestigious list that outlines the 100 Most Outstanding Startups in Ghana.
Below is the full list of winners in the 2017 Premium Bank Ghana Startup Awards
- Startup of the Year – Zeepay
- Startup Entrepreneur of the Year – Claudia Lumor
- Social Enterprise of the Year – Food for all Africa
- Student Startup of the Year – My Home Teacher
- Non-Ghanaian Startup of the Year – Tonaton Ghana
- Technology Startup of the Year – Asoriba
- Education Startup of the Year – My Home Teacher
- Agribusiness Startup of the Year – Trotro Tractor
- Processing Startup of the Year – Dough Man Foods
- Arts & Tourism Startup of the Year – Leizer-Legacy Productions
- Media Startup of the Year – Creo Concepts
- Fashion Startup of the Year – Wear Ghana
- Health Startup of the Year – Quik Medical Consult
- Manufacturing Startup of the Year – Kantanka Automibile
- Finance & Fintech Startup of the Year – Express Pay
By; Jessica Ayorkor Aryee/citibusinessnews.com/Ghana.