Before the Bank of Ghana undertook the clean up of the Finance House sector last Friday, there were 21 licenced finance houses.
The central bank decision, however, meant that only 11 of them remain now in addition to three others that operate finance and leasing companies to offer financial intermediation to the public.
Below is the list of what the Bank of Ghana says are Finance Houses in good standing.
1. Blue Financial Services Ghana Ltd.
2. Chrisline Financial Services Ltd.
3. Darfin Finance Company Ltd.
4. Forms Capital Ltd.
5. Jislah Financial Services Ltd.
6. N.D.K. Financial Services Ltd.
7. Oak Financial Services Ltd.
8. Profin Ghana Ltd.
9. SDC Finance Ltd.
10. Syndicated Capital Finance Ltd.
11. TF Financial Services Ltd.
12. Dalex Finance and Leasing Company Ltd.
13. F & D Finance and Leasing Company Ltd
14. TG Finance and Leasing Ltd.
An earlier version of this story did not include the names of the Finance and Leasing Companies. This has been amended to reflect the three companies which the Bank of Ghana also rate as members in good standing.