President John Dramani Mahama appointed Dr. Abdul-Nashiru Issahaku as Governor of the Bank of Ghana (BoG) on April 4, 2016 to replace Dr. Henry Kofi Wampah who left on an early retirement.
[contextly_sidebar id=”L69SBRZ8uECmuEEXx8uaMSLdPkiEP1A3″]Prior to his appointment, Dr. Issahaku served as the Second Deputy Governor at the central bank.
Here are nine facts about Dr. Issahaku
- Dr. Issahaku holds a PhD in Political Science.
- He has worked as a professor of political science at the University of Georgia, USA.
- He also worked as a Governance Expert at the State University of New York/Centre for International Development.
- He worked as a Senior Governance Expert at the African Development Bank (AfDB).
- He worked with the World Bank.
- Dr. Issahaku joined the Export Development and Agricultural Investment Fund (EDAIF) as the head in an acting capacity.
- He assumed the position of the Second Deputy Governor of the Bank of Ghana on July 19 ,2013.
- He served on many committees including the Economy and Research Committee, Strategic Planning and Budget Committee, and the Monetary Policy Committee, of the BoG.
- Dr. Issahaku was appointed Governor of the BoG on April 4, 2016 by President John Mahama.
By: Lawrence Segbefia/citibusinessnews.com/Ghana