The Tweneboa, Enyenra and Ntomme (TEN) Oil field which is scheduled to commence oil production next week is expected to produce over 23,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) on average till close of the year.
According to lead managers of the project, Tullow Oil Ghana Limited, the figure is expected to ramp up as more wells are brought on board the production in the coming weeks.
At full capacity, the field is expected to produce 80,000 barrels of oil per day.
Speaking at a Press Soiree ahead of the commencement of oil production of the field, the Project Director of the TEN field, Mr. Terry Hughes stated that the quantity of oil production by close of the year will depend on the quality of wells at the seabed.
“We only have a small numbers of the wells tested, but we make predictions. So our prediction this year is for 23,000 barrels of oil per day on average by the close of the year,” he said.
He pointed out that production is expected to increase as engineers gradually ramp up.
“We make predictions. I will be a little bit cautious to give you specific data since we forecast. Some of the wells will come on as good, some will be better, and some will be slightly less, that is Mother Nature,” he said.
He explained that figures in the industry are most often not certain but calculated on a number of variables which include expectations.
He maintained that the field will last for 25 years, hence has a longer span of oil production period which can be assessed in the near future.
“Everybody is always interested in how the field is going to ramp up in the few days and months. Let me just remind you that the field will last 25 years,” he said.
Mr. Hughes announced that the field is expected to produce about 300 million barrels of oil over the lifespan of the project.
He stated that 80 percent of production will be oil while the remaining 20 percent will be gas.
About TEN project
The TEN project is developed in the offshore deep water, 60 kilometers off the coast of the Western region.
At start-up, ten wells will be required and these have already been drilled.
The Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel, Prof. John Evans Atta Mills has been anchored over the field with a significant amount of subsea production equipment installed in the sea bed.
By: Lawrence Segbefia/citibusinessnews.com/Ghana